Contact Us  |  800-416-4364
Skip navigation links
About Us
Commercial Equine Liability

This coverage is designed specifically for all types of horse-related businesses on rented or owned premises, such as: boarding, breeding, racing, training, riding instruction, horse sales, horse shows, clinics, personal/pleasure horses and team roping/penning practices.  We also have coverage for independent horse trainers and riding instructors.

Coverage Highlights

  • Liability limits of $300,000 to $1 million are available for Bodily Injury and Property Damage
  • General Liability Aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
  • Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S, Canada, and U.S. territories
  • Fire Legal liability up to $100,000 at no charge (in most states)
  • Medical payments up to $5,000
  • Limited professional liability coverage for trainers, riding instructors and clinicians
  • Personal/Advertising Injury included
  • Products/completed operations included
  • No liability deductible
  • Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit
  • Limited Athletic Participants coverage included

Optional Coverages

  • Care, Custody and Control – a “must” if there are non-owned horses involved
  • Excess or Umbrella Liability (with limits up to $10 million) 
  • International Liability – covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.

Back to product list


You must be an appointed agent with Markel to submit an application. For more information about appointments, click here.

You'll need Adobe Acrobat to view these documents. 

Commercial Equine Liability Application
Independents (riding instructors, horse trainers, clinicians)
Email your completed applications to:

Or mail or fax applications to:
Attn: Underwriting--Agriculture
P.O. Box 2009
Glen Allen, VA 23058-2009
Fax: 804-527-7784