Markel insures a wide range of 501(c)3 nonprofit social service organizations and agencies.
If your organization runs a camp, Markel can insure your camp, too.
- Alternative education/schooling
- Boys and Girls Clubs
- Child welfare organizations
- Counseling services and hotlines
- Developmentally disabled programs
- Food banks
- Foster family agencies
- Free clinics
- Goodwill Industries/thrift stores
- Group homes (adults and children)
- Nature centers
- Residential care facilities (adults and children)
- Sheltered/handicapped workshops
- Shelters (battered women, emergency, runaway)
- Substance abuse recovery facilities
*Additional classes available. Please contact your underwriter.
Click here to print the Social Services product sheet.
Click here to print the Child Welfare product sheet.
- General liability: Limits up to $1 million per occurrence/$5 million aggregate (not applicable for Boy Scouts)
- Commercial general liability extension
- Child abduction
- Professional liability
- Sexual abuse & molestation
- Special events and fund-raisers
- Swimming pools/watercraft
- Volunteers as additional insureds
Directors' & Officers' liability
Employment practices liability
Click here for more information.
- Business income
- Business personal property
- Commercial property plus extension
- Key employee replacement
- Recreational property enhancement
- Systems breakdown
- Accident medical
- Auto, including auto extension endorsement
- Inland marine
- Umbrella liability: Limits up to $15 million available