What types of groups or organizations would benefit from accident medical insurance?
With any sponsored activity, there is always the possibility that a participant may suffer an injury or perhaps something serious.
Markel Specialty offers customized accident and/or medical insurance, underwritten by Markel Insurance Company, for group activities and organizations of almost any type, including:
- Adult groups
- Church groups
- Senior centers
- Social and civic clubs
- Temple or mosque congregations
- Child service
- Before and after school care
- Child care centers
- Performing arts groups
- Amateur theater
- Choir groups
- Music schools
- Private schools
- Short term events/programs
- Fundraising events
- Volunteer services
- Animal shelter
- Habitat for Humanity
- Youth groups
- 4H clubs
- Church youth only groups
- S.T.E.M. group
Why do you need accident medical insurance for your organization or school?
At any sponsored activity, a participant or student may suffer a minor or even serious injury. By carrying accident medical protection, you show the person, their family, and the community that you care by helping them with their medical-related costs.
- An injured person is less likely to bring suit against your organization because your policy has helped them with their medical expenses.
- Also, the insurance pays many of their medical bills quickly and easily so they can concentrate on their recovery.
Markel Specialty agent
""Markel has a great product and very easy to work with underwriters.""
Markel Specialty agent
""Fast, courteous service, and very helpful.""
Markel Specialty accident medical insurance customer
" have suggested Markel to all of our students who need insurance and they always say it's easy and fast."
Accident medical insurance coverage
An accident medical insurance policy include two main areas of coverage:
- Accident medical for sudden & accidental injuries – limits up to $10,000
- Accidental death and dismemberment which includes loss of limb – limits up to $25,000
Coverage is provided for:
- Activities that are scheduled, sponsored or supervised by the policyholder
- Premises owned, leased, or borrowed by the policyholder
- Travel scheduled, sponsored, or supervised by the policyholder