Insurance for cattle farms and ranches
Complete, affordable coverage–that’s Markel Specialty’s insurance for cattle farms and ranches.
Our cattle farm and ranch package provides comprehensive, affordable property and liability coverage.
- Choose from several property deductible amounts according to your budget.
- Choose Basic, Broad, or Special coverage for loss for property
- Personal liability available for owner occupied dwellings
- Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. Territories
- Limited professional liability coverage for horse trainers, riding instructors, and clinicians
- No deductible on liability claims
- We will pay the cost of your legal defense in excess of policy limit
You can get coverage for both owner-occupied and employee occupied dwellings. Replacement cost is included when the dwelling structure is insured to 80% or more of replacement cost value.
Scheduled or blanket equipment coverage available for farm risks. Equipment valuation is offered at actual cash value.
Farm structure coverage
Protection for many types of farm structures can be scheduled on your Markel Specialty policy. Replacement cost or actual cash value can be provided based on insurance to value requirements.
To meet your ever-growing exposures, your policy can offer limits up to $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate. Per occurrence is the maximum amount paid on a covered individual claim. Aggregate is the maximum amount paid on all covered claims combined, within the policy period.
Your farm and ranch policy can be tailored to meet almost all of your agricultural needs:
- Disruption of farming (loss of income due to covered cause of loss to a stable or barn)
- Livestock coverage (named perils up to $2,000 per head)
- Coverage for scheduled personal property (jewelry, fine arts, guns, sports equipment, etc.)
- Animal collision
- Systems breakdown
- Employee benefits
- Chemical drift
Choose our Ag Essential or Ag Premier for enhanced property coverage. Here are a few coverage highlights:
- Increased sublimits for property coverages.
- Increased pollutant clean-up coverage ($25,000)
- Green coverage ($5,000)
- Water back-up endorsement
- New construction increased limits
- Disruption of farming operations
Commercial general liability enhancements
- Increased medical payments
- Additional insured – when required by written contract or agreement
- Waiver of transfer of rights of recovery against others to us