In-home child care insurance for AFDS members
Affordable insurance customized for those individuals caring for children in their homes
The in-home child care insurance program is specifically designed for those individuals caring for children in their homes. This program is offered through the American Federation of Daily-Care Services, Inc. (AFDS), a risk purchasing group owned by Markel Service Incorporated.
AFDS brings together child care organizations and family child care providers from all over country for the purpose of obtaining insurance at a "better" group rate than what we could get for individual policyholders. The membership fee of $60.00 is not part of the premium, and is payable annually to AFDS. When applying online, the membership fee is included in the price shown. Members also have access to our loss control services.
Get the coverage that most homeowner's policies do not provide! The typical homeowner's policy provides liability coverage for personal exposures only, which means your in-home child care business is excluded.
- Limits up to $1 million per occurrence / $3 million aggregate
Abuse and molestation
- Automatically includes limits of $100,000 per occurrence / $300,000 aggregate
Accident and health for the children in your care
Program coverage features
- Up to $20,000 per occurrence
- Pays regardless of fault
- No deductible
- Bodily injury and property damage
- Legal defense protection included
Variety of limits available
- Affordable premiums with financing options
Is your in-home child care business eligible for coverage?
- You must operate within the legal requirements of your state
- You must care for 1 – 18 children in your home
- You cannot allow the children in your care to utilize any on-premises swimming facilities (other than an 18 inch plastic wading pool). The swimming facility must be fenced on all four sides with self-locking gate
- You must not own any of the following breeds of dog:
- Pit bull
- Mastiff breeds
- Mixed breeds where dominant breed is one of any above