Follow these three steps to report a claim.
Step one: Report all claims
Immediately report all claims to your agent or to Markel Claims by calling 800-362-7535, faxing 855-662-7535, or emailing email@example.com
, with a copy to your Agent.
The new claim notice should include the following:
- Policy Number
- Insured and Claimant Names with Contact Details
- Date of Loss Location and Description of Loss
- Current location of insured items, if known
- All pertinent documentation necessary to properly evaluate the claim (police reports, photos, etc.)
• For after-hours emergencies such as death, serious bodily injury, or catastrophic property damage, immediately call Markel Claims.
• Report all claims involving theft, vandalism, or other crimes to the police when they occur. Get the police report when possible
Step two: Get the facts
• Print the Incident Report Form
and write down how and exactly where the accident or injury happened, along with the time it occurred.
• Get the names, addresses, and phone numbers of everyone involved. If possible, take pictures at the scene.
• For serious property claims, take the necessary steps to preserve the damaged property and mitigate any further damage. Make temporary repairs when necessary, and keep all receipts.
Step three: Copy and submit all correspondence
• Copy all accident-related correspondence, and mail the originals to Markel. This includes reports, statements, bills, and letters.
• Send all correspondence as soon as you receive it—don’t let it pile up.
• Reference your policy number and claim number on each document
• If you receive any type of legal papers, immediately call Markel Claims. If possible, fax the documents to us.
• Correspondence related to open claims may also be submitted via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: All new claims should be sent to email@example.com.
Click here to file a claim.