Liability insurance for commercial equine operations
Start with Markel Specialty’s commercial equine liability insurance.
Even if you have other coverage to protect you from general liability claims, you still need Markel Specialty’s commercial equine liability policy to cover your horse-related liabilities.
Limits of $300,000 to $1 million are available for bodily injury and property damage. General liability aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit.
- Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories.
- Fire legal liability up to $100,000 at no charge (in most states)
- Medical payments up to $5,000
- Limited professional liability coverage for trainers, riding instructors and clinicians personal/advertising injury included
- Products/completed operations included
- No liability deductible
- Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit
- Limited athletic participants coverage included
Additional coverages available:
Care, custody and control
Defense and court costs for litigation, and payment for judgements up to the aggregate policy amount (per animal limit applies)
Non-owned horse equipment
Available by endorsement to your commercial equine liability or horse farm package policies
- $10,000 liability limit for non-owned horse equipment
- Choose from various limits to meet your needs
- No deductible applies
Excess or umbrella liability
Coverage is an excess limit of general liability over third party liability coverages. We require the primary general liability policy to be written with Markel Specialty. The auto and employers liability can be written with outside carriers. Self-insured retention of $10,000.