Markel has been a Corporate Partner of the Ohio Quarter Horse Association (OQHA) for several years. We are excited to partner with OQHA and PrimeTIME AgriMarketing Network to provide 24-hour Fall of the Hammer mortality coverage for horses purchased at the Congress Super Sale.
What is “fall of the hammer” mortality insurance coverage?
Fall of the hammer mortality insurance coverage provides buyers immediate all risk mortality and theft coverage on horses purchased for 24-hours after the close of each sale. Embryos/unborn foals are not eligible. A Markel representative must be contacted to extend coverage after the 24-hour period.
All risk mortality and theft coverage reimburses you for the death, theft, or human destruction of your covered horse, including illness or disease.
Saturday October 14th, 2023
Sale sessions include:
- Yearling Sale Stakes Session, includes both Western Pleasure and Hunter Under Saddle entries are eligible to show in 2024 for more than $65,000 in 3 classes at The Congress
- Ranch & Performance Horse Session, includes Cutters, Reiners, Contesting and Cow Horses
- The Super Session, includes Show Horses, Stallions, Broodmares, Prospects
How do I extend mortality insurance coverage on my newly purchased horse(s), or add my new horse to already existing Markel® policy?
Markel’s fall of the hammer mortality insurance coverage will cease 24-hours after the end of each sale. To extend your insurance coverage beyond the 24-hour period, a Markel representative, or horse insurance specialist must be contacted. Horses in transit are not insurable until the final destination is reached.
For your immediate insurance needs, or questions:
- Call a Markel horse insurance specialist below. We are represented exclusively by insurance agents in the field who specialize within a specific horse discipline and/or breed. Horse owners and professionals can be assured that Markel’s specialists understand their wants and needs, because our specialists are horse people too.
- Contact Markel’s underwriter on-call: Kellie Chambers at +1.804.402.0966
To report a claim:
Please contact Markel in the event of any accident, sickness, injury and/or death. It is necessary to report any medical or surgical condition as soon as possible, or immediately in the event of your horse’s death. Our on-call claims representatives are ready to assist you 24/7.
For questions or to extend your insurance coverage, contact a Markel horse insurance specialist today:
For European inquiries, email Muriel de Moubray at email@example.com.