Markel claim process
Unfortunately accidents happen. If disaster does strike or you are the victim of theft, you can count on Markel to help get you back on your feet as soon as possible.
Our insurance claim experts have specialized training and experience so your insurance claim will be handled with efficiency, speed and fairness.
How to file a claim:
- Report your claim immediately using one of our 24-hour, 7-day a week claims service options:
- To expedite the process, please provide the following information when submitting a new claim:
- Policy number
- Insured and claimant names and contact information
- Description of the accident, including date, time, and location
- All accident related documentation - police reports, statement, bills, receipts, etc.
- Digital photos
- Number to reach you
- Year, make, and model of the insured vehicle or watercraft involved in the accident (if applicable)
- Current location of your vehicle or watercraft
- Don't reveal information about your insurance coverage other than the name of the company to anyone.
- Don't admit responsibility for the accident or injury.
- Don't discuss the accident or injury with anyone other than Markel associates or law enforcement officials.
- Don't give copies of documents to anyone other than Markel associates or authorized representatives.
Report your insurance claim immediately.
Markel insurance claims toll-free phone number: 1-800-236-2453