Markel is pleased to be able to provide 24-hour Fall of the Hammer mortality coverage for horses purchased at the horse sales specified below.
- Markel Insurance Breeders Championship Futurity Yearling Sale
Friday, August 18, 2023 - 4:00 p.m. CST | Sale preview: Thursday, August 17, 2023 - 5:00 p.m. CST
- Reno Snaffle Bit Sales
September 13-17, 2023
Legacy Reining Breeders Sale
Saturday, September 23, 2023
- Return to the Remuda Sale
Friday, October 6, and Saturday, October 7, 2023
- 43rd Triangle Fall Sale at the AQHA World Show
Thursday, October 26, Friday, October 27, and Saturday, October 28, 2023
- NRHA/Markel Futurity Sales
Thursday, November 30, 2023
What is “fall of the hammer” mortality insurance coverage?
Fall of the hammer mortality insurance coverage provides buyers immediate all risk mortality and theft coverage on horses purchased for 24-hours after the close of the horse sale. Embryos/unborn foals are not eligible. A Markel representative must be contacted to extend coverage after the 24-hour period.
All risk mortality and theft coverage reimburses you for the death, theft, or human destruction of your covered horse, including illness or disease.
How do I extend mortality insurance coverage on my newly purchased horse(s), or add my new horse to already existing Markel® policy?
Markel’s fall of the hammer mortality insurance coverage will cease 24-hours after the end of the horse sale. To extend your insurance coverage beyond the 24-hour period, a Markel representative, or horse insurance specialist must be contacted. Horses in transit are not insurable until the final destination is reached.
For your immediate insurance needs, or questions:
- Call a Markel horse insurance specialist below. We are represented exclusively by insurance agents in the field who specialize within a specific horse discipline and/or breed. Horse owners and professionals can be assured that Markel’s specialists understand their wants and needs, because our specialists are horse people too.
- Contact Markel’s underwriter on-call at +1.800.446.7925
To report a claim:
Please contact Markel in the event of any accident, sickness, injury and/or death. It is necessary to report any medical or surgical condition as soon as possible, or immediately in the event of your horse’s death. Our on-call claims representatives are ready to assist you 24/7.
For questions or to extend your insurance coverage, contact a Markel horse insurance specialist today:
For European inquiries, email Muriel de Moubray at email@example.com.