File a claim
File a claim by phone
File a claim by email
Important claims information
- Step by step guide to reporting a claim
- How to report an animal mortality claim
- Injured workers information
- ACORD Forms - Notice of Loss or Occurrence
- Claim fraud warnings
While your claim is being processed:
- Don’t admit responsibility for the accident or injury.
- Don’t discuss the accident or injury with anyone other than your insurance agent or authorized representative, Markel associates, or law enforcement officials.
- Don’t give copies of documents to anyone other than Markel associates or authorized representatives.
GENERAL: Any person who knowingly and with intent to defraud any insurance company or other person files an application for insurance or statement of claim containing any materially false information or conceals for the purpose of misleading, information concerning any fact material thereto, commits a fraudulent insurance act.
Click the link below to view specific fraud warnings by the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, CA, CO, DE, DC, FL, HI, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MN, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, VT, VA, WA or WV. If you are located in one of these states, please take time to review the appropriate warning prior to submitting your claim.