Animal mortality claimsReporting
Report all accidents, sicknesses, injuries and/or deaths immediately to:
Markel Insurance Company
4600 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060-9817
Call during business hours (8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. eastern):
Call after 5:00 p.m., weekends and holidays:
Animal Loss Procedures
1. Report all accidents, sicknesses, injuries and deaths.
2. Contact Markel for permission prior to any surgical procedures.
3. Make arrangements for an autopsy.
4. Call police in case of theft, shooting or vehicular involvement.
1. Perform any surgical procedure without contacting Markel.
2. Have an animal put down without consent of Markel.
3. Have an animal removed prior to performance of an autopsy.
4. Neglect a police report (if needed due to theft, shooting, or vehicular involvement).
Please provide these procedures to anyone with care, custody and control of the insured animal. Failure to comply may jeopardize your coverage.
Click here to file a claim