Digital platform capabilities
Why do agents want to engage with digital platform partners?
Digital solutions can help your agency meet the expectations of policyholders and employees, improve operational efficiency, and advance business competency and visions. Benefits of APIs include smart forms, auto-fill, single submission, and the ability to compare multiple instantly-bindable quotes.
Not sure which platform is best for you? Check out each section below for specific information on each digital partner.
Interested in next steps to gain access to our digital platforms? Click the button below to get started.
Digital partners with API capabilities
- Bold Penguin has built a new infrastructure for commercial insurance that makes it easier to write small commercial more efficiently and more profitably than ever before.
- Bold Penguin’s technology is completely flexible, so it works the way that best works for agents.
- The API-first enablement is leveraged to power both consumer and agent-facing interfaces, to create a fully customizable experience at an extraordinary speed to market-without sacrificing long-term functionality.
To schedule a demo - boldpenguin.com/signup
To learn more about Bold Penguin, visit boldpenguin.com.
- Semsee is an easy-to-use, commercial quoting platform intuitive for producers, marketers, and CSRs.
- We use one smart form, auto-filling business and property data, and performing real-time risk appetite checks.
- Once complete, the form is submitted to multiple carriers, immediately returning bind-able quotes and creating records in carrier portals.
To schedule a demo - meetings.hubspot.com.
To learn more about Semsee, visit semsee.com.
- Deliver commercial insurance to your clients in minutes. Briza is an online quote, bind, and payment tool that makes small business policies more valuable for your agency.
- Launch your own quote and bind engine. Just add your company logo and start using your own, branded, multi-carrier Smart Portal in seconds. Use it like a traditional commercial rater, or send a Smart Portal link to your clients. They can complete the insurance form themselves, or with your help. You can even embed the quote and bind engine on your own agency website. Your client gets their quote, and can pay with a credit card, binding the policy instantly.
- Spend time on what matters. Agents focus on understanding their clients’ needs and providing expert advice, not doing paperwork. All policies available on the Briza platform can be bound instantly; no human underwriting, no additional questions, no manual review of policies, no waiting.
- Sell policies more quickly using your existing carrier appointments with carriers like Markel, or gain instant access to all of Briza’s carriers, even if you’re not appointed.
- Available in all 50 states plus DC.
To learn more about Briza, visit briza.com.
- Digital distribution: instantly quote and distribute commercial P&C online.
- No technical knowledge required: Talage handles all of the set up for your page - just keep focusing on building relationships.
- Your brand: white label solution allows you to control the look and feel.
- 100% of commission: sold using your license and appointment - truly your book of business.
- Zero effort: don’t waste your time shopping small policies - let the business do the work.
- Affordable: flat monthly fee, no hidden costs, and you can cancel anytime.
To schedule a demo, visit hbresource.talageins.com.
To learn more about Talage, visit talageins.com.
- A single entry solution designed to streamline the quoting process.
- The technology enables insurers to expand distribution channels, gain new business and provide enhanced customer experience.
- The goal is to help agencies work better, save time and most importantly, increase efficiencies to help agents write more business.
- Tarmika’s platform utilizes API integrations with top carriers from across the country to seamlessly return multiple quotes through a single entry.
To schedule a demo, use the following link - meetings.hubspot.com.
To learn more about Tarmika, visit tarmika.com.
API frequently asked questions
What does an API stand for?
API is an acronym for application programming interface. In general, it is a set of clearly defined methods of communication that allow two parties to share data with each other. They allow for the ability to communicate with multiple parties simultaneously, and replace historic paper or manual data entry in multiple systems.
What is the cost to my agency?
Reach out directly to the digital partners for specific pricing information. Contact information can be found on the partner drop downs, listed above.
- Can I talk to someone at Markel more about what options may be best for my agency?
How long does it typically take to begin writing business with a digital platform partner?
Many digital partners can get you up and running within 24 hours.
What is required to get set up with a digital platform?
Our digital platform partners make it simple. Typically, basic agency information and contact information is all that is needed to get started.
Can I see a demo of any of these digital platforms?
See digital platform API capabilities section for links to access contact information and demo link specific to each partner.
Can I access Markel’s APIs directly?
Yes – digital solutions vary by the unique characteristics of each agency. Markel can partner with you on a digital API solution that matches your agency’s needs and capabilities. For agencies that possess API development resources, a direct API integration may be the best strategy. Other criteria are also considered for qualification. If interested in next steps to gain access to our digital platforms, click the “get started” button below and fill out the short form.
How long would it take for my agency to have Digital API capabilities?
Many digital solutions would take less than a week to be up and running. When connecting directly to our API’s with a development team integrations typically range from 2-10 weeks.