*Login is limited to authorized users.
Small commercial and agricultural agents
Log in to mPortal, the agent portal for commercial lines business. You can also view account history, see billing and claims details, and access policy documents.
We partner with independent agencies with premium potential of $50,000 or more in our specialty niches, and who meet the following guidelines:
- E&O coverage of at least $1 million/$1 million
- Independent, licensed agency in good standing
- Complete and pass background checks
- Premium potential of $50K+ within target appetite
- Currently write business within a target niche
- Bind first account within three months of appointment
For our personal lines products, we partner with independent and wholesale agencies willing to meet a projected premium minimum. Producers must have a profitable book of business and a high level of knowledge within one of our target markets:
- Marine (boats, yachts, high performance, or marine businesses)
- Off-road vehicles
- Special events
- Manufactured homes
- Rental and vacant property
- Excess and surplus property
Markel Specialty offers a range of loss control resources and services to help you and your insured maintain a safer environment.
View available sales materials for each Specialty program, including program highlights and brochures.
View underwriting and sales contacts information by state for each of our commercial programs.
Request changes to your agency's address or contact information, enroll in electronic policy delivery, or sign up for electronic statements.
Since 1930, we have been building a dynamic business. We take pride in our entrepreneurial approach and recognize the value of relationships in propelling our growth – both organically and by acquisition. We have a strong commitment to our production partners and extend care and respect to these relationships.