Employment practices liability insurance (EPLI)
Expanding your essentials
Employment practices liability (EPLI) coverage is a vital component to any business’ insurance package, no matter the size. The number of employee accusations and charges employers face has grown dramatically in recent years. Many small businesses lack human resource professionals or legal counsel on staff to guide them through the minefield of risks they face every day. EPLI coverage can be added as an optional endorsement to our EssentialBOP product.
EPL protects employers from claims brought by employees alleging:
- Wrongful termination
- Harassment, including sexual harassment
- Retaliation and other wrongful acts
Covers claims brought by:
- Full time, part-time, temporary, and seasonal employees
- Recognized volunteers
- Independent contractors
- Leased employees
Why choose Markel’s EPLI coverage solution?
- We offer broad coverage including optional coverage for claims brought by customers and vendors.
- Markel’s coverage is affordable, with meaningful limits. Claims are administered by HSB’s highly experienced EPLI.
- Markel provides access to leading EPLI panel counsel law firms.
- We offer an EPLI loss prevention website full of resources business owners can use to help prevent claims, gain knowledge of the ever-changing legal environment surrounding EPLI, and access a 24 hour, complimentary legal advice line.
Visit Markel.EmployerProtection.net to learn more.