This confidential telephone hotline is staffed by securities litigation attorneys, ERISA specialists, and investment lawyers who are experts in investment adviser and broker dealer E&O risk management and ethical issues that are available to answer general risk management questions.
Hotline Service terms
Markel does not participate in hotline calls and will not have access to and will not be supplied with information about any hotline discussion.
It is agreed that policyholder's utilization of the Hotline Service shall constitute agreement by the policyholder to the following terms:
- The purpose of Hotline Service is to respond to policyholder general risk management related questions.
- Conversations between the policyholder and the Hotline Service Panel Member are totally confidential and will not be recorded by either party. The Hotline Service Panel Member will not divulge any portion of the conversation to the insurer or to any other third party.
- The Hotline Service does not provide any kind of legal service or legal advice. Legal questions or legal advice are outside the scope of the Hotline Service.
- The policyholder does not at any time enter into an attorney-client relationship with any of the Hotline Service Panel Members.
- The Hotline Service does not cover such items as responding on behalf of a policyholder to a lawsuit, or to a charge brought by an administrative agency, or to a demand letter from an attorney.
- Utilization of this service or notice to any Panel Member of a claim or potential claim against a policyholder does not constitute notice to the insurance company of a claim or potential claim. The Panel Member is under no obligation to, and will not, report such a claim or potential claim to the insurance company. The policyholder agrees to abide by the terms of the policy relative to reporting claims directly to the insurance company.
- The Panel Members cannot provide advice or representation concerning any possible disputes or controversies between the policyholder and the insurance company, including whether any particular claim or potential claim or demand against a policyholder is covered by the insurance policy.
- In the event of any dispute between the policyholder and the insurance company, the Panel Member will not be called upon in any way to provide any testimony or any other evidence in connection with the dispute.
- The policyholder agrees not to make any claim of any kind at any time against any Panel Member.
- Policyholder utilization of the service shall constitute agreement to the foregoing terms.
The information provided in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as all encompassing, or suitable for all situations, conditions, and environments. Please contact us or your attorney if you have any questions.