How to prepare for your free motorcycle insurance quote
Getting a quote from Markel is simple. We have been protecting riders for over 40 years and we can help you build the best motorcycle insurance policy for you and your bike.
Information to have on hand for your quote
Choose a convenient way to quote your motorcycle insurance policy
- The year, make, and model of the motorcycle or motorcycles
- VIN numbers associated with your bikes
- The driver’s license number of the motorcycle owner
- The value of your motorcycle parts and accessories. Use our motorcycle accessory checklist to help add up the value of anything that is not included as standard by the manufacturer.
- Your current motorcycle insurance policy limits, or the limits that you have quoted with other motorcycle insurance companies
Be aware when you compare
- Get an online motorcycle insurance quote—quickly see the cost associated with a variety of coverage options, compare motorcycle insurance rates, and you can even purchase a policy online!
- Call 1-800-236-2453—our specialists offer quotes to hundreds of riders every day. Give us a call and we’ll make the process easy for you too.
When comparing your current policy or quotes from other motorcycle insurance companies to Markel, make sure that the limits of coverage are comparable. The cost of motorcycle insurance can vary greatly depending on what coverage is included in your policy. Our insurance specialists can give you prices for a variety of custom motorcycle insurance packages so you can be sure to get the most coverage at an affordable rate.
Buy ahead and save
Riders who purchase a policy from Markel will get the cheapest motorcycle insurance rates by planning ahead. Get a discount when you purchase at least 7 days before your policy effective date.
*Insurance, coverages, and discounts are subject to availability and qualifications and may not be available in all states. Discount availability and amount may vary by state. Insurance is not available in MA and NC. For questions or a complete definition of coverages and discounts available to you, please call a Markel insurance specialist at 1-800-236-2453.