Private horse owner insurance coverage
You’ll get coverage for damage and injury, on or off premises.
Based on our long experience insuring livestock, Markel Specialty has developed the kind of coverage that works best for most private horse owners.
- Bodily injury and property damage done by a named horse, on or off premises
- Available for horses, donkeys, and mules
- Applies to both personal and/or show use
- Coverage applies on or off premises anywhere in the U.S., Canada, and U.S. territories
- Limits of $300,000 to $1 million available
- General liability aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Medical payments of $5,000 included
- Can be combined with a separate Markel Specialty horse mortality policy
- International liability covers your horse if taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.
- Coverage available for competition pulling horses
- For extra protection, excess umbrella liability is available with limits up to $10 million