Spring into safety
Spring is the perfect time to check your safety programs.
- Do you have plenty of sun block (SPF 15 or higher) to protect children playing outdoors?
- Are the supplies in your first aid kit sufficient and up-to-date?
- Are there any defects on the playground that need to be corrected?
- Have any bees, hornets, or wasps nests developed? If so, have you removed them?
- Does your staff maintain the proper staff-to-child supervision ratios?
- Have you reviewed your crisis management procedures and conducted a practice fire drill?
- Is adequate protection in place to prevent a child from falling out of windows?
This document is intended for general information purposes only, and should not be construed as advice or opinions on any specific facts or circumstances. The content of this document is made available on an “as is” basis, without warranty of any kind. This document can’t be assumed to contain every acceptable safety and compliance procedures or that additional procedures might not be appropriate under the circumstances. Markel does not guarantee that this information is or can be relied on for compliance with any law or regulation, assurance against preventable losses, or freedom from legal liability. This publication is not intended to be legal, underwriting, or any other type of professional advice. Persons requiring advice should consult an independent adviser. Markel does not guarantee any particular outcome and makes no commitment to update any information herein, or remove any items that are no longer accurate or complete. Furthermore, Markel does not assume any liability to any person or organization for loss or damage caused by or resulting from any reliance placed on that content. *Markel Specialty is a business division of Markel Service, Incorporated, the underwriting manager for the Markel affiliated insurance companies.
© 2022 Markel Service, Incorporated. All rights reserved.
Was this helpful?