Insurance coverage for riding instructors and horse trainers
Markel Specialty offers affordable coverage specifically for riding instructors and horse trainers.
Many insurance companies don’t understand what makes a horse-centered business different from any other business. So they don’t cover you for the kinds of incidents you’re most likely to have. But just like your business is different, Markel Specialty is different. We have over 50 years of expertise insuring horses and horse-related businesses.
- Liability limits of $300,000 to $1 million are available for bodily injury and property damage
- General liability aggregate limits are 3 times the liability per occurrence limit
- Commercial general liability coverage applies on and off premises in the U.S, Canada, and U.S. territories
- Fire Legal liability up to $100,000 at no charge (in most states)
- Medical payments up to $5,000
- Limited professional liability coverage for trainers, riding instructors, and clinicians
- Personal/advertising Injury included
- Products/completed operations included
- No liability deductible
- Defense cost paid in excess of policy limit
- Limited athletic participants coverage included
- Care, custody, and control – a “must” if you care for someone else’s horse
- Excess liability (with limits up to $10 million)
- International liability – covers horses taken outside the continental U.S. to specified countries for shows, exhibitions, etc.