To our customers impacted by recent storms
Cleaning supply safety
Keeping your facility clean and sanitized is an important part of making it safe. Your cleaning routine is a demanding task, which is complicated by the need to safely use and store poisonous cleaning supplies when small children are around. One of our recent claims involved a young child who drank bleach, which had been poured out of its original container into a plastic cup.Here are some tips from the American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) to help keep
The National Health and Safety Performance Standard requires you to store toxic materials in a locked room or cabinet, fitted with a child-resistive opening device, inaccessible to children, separate from medications and food.If anyone ingests a poison, never induce vomiting unless instructed by the AAPCC. Keep their number
handy: 800-222-1222. If the child has collapsed and is not breathing, call 911.
The information provided in this article is intended for general informational purposes only and should not be considered as all encompassing, or suitable for all situations, conditions, and environments. Please contact us or your attorney if you have any questions.