Here are some wholesale/distributors that are a great fit for the Markel Essential BOP:
- Appliance distributor
- Bakery distributor
- Hardware distributor
- Florists: distributors
- Floor covering: distributors
- Barber or beauty shop supplies distributors
- *No re-packaging or re-labeling for “own brand” retail sale
Add our employment practices liability (EPL) endorsement to further protect your business from the financial strain an employee claim can cause. Not only will the EPL endorsement provide you with the coverage you need, you will also have special access to Markel.EmployerProtection.net. Through this easy-to-use site, you can view and download resources such a model employee handbook, best employment practices checklist, model forms and policies, and a library of employment related articles.
Click here to learn more about our EPL coverage and available resources.
Loss control tips:
Ask yourself these questions to assure the wholesale/distribution business is in safe working order:
- Are safe distances maintained when customers must interface with employees retrieving goods from racks and when driving forklifts?
- Is lighting in product storage areas adequate?
- Are floors kept smooth, clean and free of obstruction and slippery substances?
- Are mats, grating, etc. used where drainage is needed?
- Does every stairway having 4 or more risers have a standard handrail?
- Are all exits marked with an exit sign and illuminated by a reliable light source?
- Are doors, passageways or stairways, that are neither exits nor access to exits and which could be mistaken for exits, appropriately marked “NOT AN EXIT”, etc.?
Ineligible wholesale/distribution risks:
- Annual gross sales from retail exceeding 25%
- Total floor areas open to the public exceeding 25%
- Children’s furniture
- Material alterations to manufacture any products
- Manufacture rep operations
- Auto parts distributors
- Meat distributors
- Tobacco distributors
- Toy distributors
- Outdoor power equipment or power tool rentals distributors
- Square footage exceeding 35,000 square feet or a building six stories or more
- ADD: Gross sales exceeding $6,000,000 (in CA, NH, VT), or $10,000,000 (all other states)