Insurance that has been crafted to protect properties with unique risks.
Markel Specialty's rental and vacant property coverage can be customized for multiple risk types:
- Owner-occupied - for properties used as the primary residence
- Seasonal - for residences used as vacation homes
- Rented - for landlords who rent their homes to tenants
- Vacant - for unoccupied homes including those for sale
Our focus and expertise is in writing property risks that frequently do not fit in the traditional insurance marketplace. This permits us to write a diverse set of risk profiles including:
- Older homes
- Risks with prior claims
- Risks not supported by a companion homeowners or auto policy
- Customers who may have had a prior lapse in coverage
- Properties titled to corporations or trusts rather than individuals
- Properties titled to multiple individuals
- Modular homes
- Condominium units
- No restrictions on the number of insured locations
Our rental and vacant property coverage permits you to tailor accounts to the specific coverage needs of the customer. This includes the ability to purchase combined property and liability coverages, property only or liability only.
We offer a variety of policy forms, optional coverages and discounts, including:
Protection for the primary structure. Basic and special policy forms are available permitting either replacement cost or actual cash value loss settlement.
Basic and broad form level coverages can pay for damages to personal property and are available on either a replacement cost or actual cash value loss settlement basis.
Additional living expense/fair rental value
Optional coverages that help pay for expenses related to alternative housing when the insured property is uninhabitable due to a covered loss.
Personal liability/premises liability
Optional coverages if you become liable for damages or injury resulting from the use of your property.
Additional options permit you to further enhance your protection and include:
- Unattached structures - covers losses on structures such as garages, sheds, and other unattached structures.
- Equipment breakdown - for sudden, accidental failure of electrical and mechanical systems built into the home, in addition to those purchased later.
- Vandalism coverage - this additional coverage helps pay for damages as a result of vandalism.
Available discounts can include:
- Loss free discount
- Mature owners discount
- Newer residence discount
Markel Specialty dwelling fire customers benefit from these program features:
- Convenient payment options
- Flexible policy terms
- Reliable, experienced claim service personnel
- If you have multiple properties to protect, you can enjoy the convenience of one policy, one bill, and one payment