To our customers impacted by recent storms:

We hope you and your family are safe. If you have been affected by one of the recent hurricanes and need to make an insurance claim, please call 1-800-362-7535 or click here to file your claim online.

Finding a Markel Agent

Finding a Markel Agent

Markel Personal Lines has a long history of building specialty insurance products that meet market demands.  With over 50 years of experience with specialty products, we have built an expertise in insuring unique risks.  That is why we just don't sell insurance policies, we sell personalized solutions to fit the ever-changing needs of the marketplace.

As an industry leading specialty property insurance provider, we work with independent agents and wholesalers across the country who understand the unique needs of your property and will help select customized coverage for your specialty property risk. 

How we distribute our products:

  • Excess and surplus - Markel’s excess and surplus property program is offered through insurance brokerages within the United States.  If you are a broker who is interested in the Markel excess and surplus property product, please contact us.
  • Renters - Markel’s renters insurance is distributed exclusively through our multi-family housing partnerships and is not available direct to consumer.
  • Manufactured home and dwelling fire - Markel's manufactured home and dwelling fire products are available through a network of insurance brokers and retailers.  Those wishing to purchase a Markel manufactured home or dwelling fire policy should contact their local independent insurance agent for more information on how to obtain coverage. 
We appreciate your interest in Markel!