Commuter bike insuranceCommute with confidence.
Think your homeowners or renters insurance properly covers your bike? Think again. Most property insurance provides little, if any, coverage for performance bikes. With Spoke Bicycle Insurance powered by Marsh & McLennan Agency, you can customize your coverage to fit your riding style.
Some of the coverages Spoke Bicycle Insurance offers:
- Replacement coverage for collision, theft, and more
- Bicycle physical damage coverage protecting your bike against damage, theft and more. Plus, this coverage also automatically includes protection for your spare parts, cycle apparel, competitive event fee reimbursement if you are unable to race, and rental reimbursement
- Protection in case you cause bodily injury or property damage to others
- Medical payments and roadside assistance coverage
Most homeowners policies have limits on coverage for sporting equipment, like bicycles. And if you have a claim, you’ll probably be faced with a hefty deductible. Even worse, it may cause your property insurance rates to go up. Why risk it when you can properly protect your bike with Spoke Bicycle Insurance for as low as $100 per year?
Bicycle physical damage insurance protection
Covers repairs or replacement of your bike if it is damaged or goes missing. You pick the value limit of your bike, and we can cover things like vandalism, crash damage, or a collision with another rider. We can even offer insurance protection to you while racing. Deductibles range from $200 to $500.
At no additional cost, bicycle physical damage insurance protection can also include:
- Protection for spare parts and accessories - Up to $500 in coverage for spare parts and $500 for riding apparel per claim ($1,000 total per policy term).
- Replacement cost coverage - Your bike is insured at full value.
- Theft protection - At or away from home.
- Transit protection - Protects your bike while it's in transit (by land/air) to and from a location within the United States and Canada.
Worldwide physical damage protection
Optional worldwide physical damage insurance protection is available for when you travel outside of the US/Canada with your bicycle.
Bicycle liability protection
Bicycle liability coverage helps protect you if you are responsible for injuries or property damage to another person or their belongings while using your bicycle. Limits range from $25,000 to $100,000.
Vehicle contact protection
This added coverage gives you the insurance protection you need in case you are hit by a vehicle that doesn’t carry the proper insurance protection to cover your losses.
Cover your medical costs if you are injured while riding–up to your policy limit. Limits range from $1,000 to $10,000.
With this coverage, you can get nationwide 24-hour emergency service with up to 35 miles of transportation per breakdown–all for only $12 a year per bicycle.
At no extra cost!
If you are competing in an organized ride more than 50 miles from home, Markel offers coverage for renting a substitute bicycle if your bike was damaged or stolen (up to $250 per occurrence) while at the event.
Competitive event fee reimbursement
Helps cover nonrefundable prepaid entry fees up to $500 ($1,000 total per policy term) if your bike is involved in a covered accident, and you are unable to compete or participate.
Insurance, coverage, and discounts are subject to availability and qualifications and may not be available in all states. Coverage descriptions listed are intended to be brief and do not replace actual policy language. For questions or a complete definition of coverages and discounts available to you, please call 855-422-5945 to speak with a bicycle insurance specialist.
Insurance policies are sold through Marsh & McLennan Insurance Agency LLC (Producer License Number CA #0H18131) and Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC (NPN#12773845 and Producer License Number NY #PC-1111237) 7225 Northland Drive N, Ste. 300, Minneapolis, MN 55428. Coverage is provided by Markel American Insurance Company, Glen Allen, VA and underwritten by Markel Service, Inc.