Wedding insurance claims
Unfortunately no matter how much you plan every detail of your wedding, accidents can happen. If disaster does strike or you are the victim of theft, you can count on Markel Specialty to be there to help.
How do you determine the value of my claim?
Each individual claim is different and evaluated as such. The value of your event insurance claim depends on the coverage you purchased and the damages sustained.
How long will it take for my claim to be processed?
Again, each claim is different so there is not a concrete answer. But if we receive all of the necessary documentation (i.e. estimate of damage, photos, receipts, etc.) and have completed our investigation, the claim is paid timely (usually within 7-10 business days).
Is there anything I can do to help speed up the process?
Yes! You can help streamline the claims process by providing the following information when you file your claim:
- Policy number
- Date, time, and location of loss or damage
- Description of loss or damage
- Photos of the damage or where your special wedding attire or gifts were stolen
- Receipts for your event and goods/services related to your event
- Other items will likely be necessary and will be outlined by your Markel claims examiner upon receipt of the claim